Red birthday.

02/06/2012


It was amazing, spending my one and only nineteenth on the eve.
Not only it was with all these people, albeit there were the few people who were not there,
it was red. Yes, red, the current colour that I have been quite infatuated with.
It was at Yeolde English, for the sake of a decent venue and one that is large enough for everyone who attended ( ± 35 people).
It is hard NOT to spot which table was ours, it practically had pink ribbons and flying red balloons tied to the chair.

And I was greeted with a birthday song upon arrival. :)
My seat was right in the middle, with checkered red tablecloth (the rest were grey checkers).
Kinda funny as the party dress code was red and white (which i found out when a friend came up to confirm the red dress code with me LOL), many resorted to red checkered shirt, which complimented the tablecloth really well. :D
Had a red Elmo cake with 'compound eyes' as they promised too and a second birthday song.
Had a major surprise when five of my joker friends returned to the party with a cage.
I was already gaping at the sight of the large cage, trying not accept that it is really what i thought it was. A pet.
Not only it wasn't a hamster, it was a rabbit. A freaking red-eyed newborn rabbit.
Thoughts of Boston and Paris (the Biology dissection experiment baby rats) swirled like a whirlwind in my mind.
And i kept thinking, wasn't it a known fact that I cannot keep pets? If i could, Boston and Paris would be with me right now instead of me giving them up to Sharen's pet shop.
BUT NONETHELESS, I really really really appreciate the rabbit, just really regretful that I couldn't keep it, worse still, I had to find it another owner, if i could.
I passed the cage to them to take care of, I was definitely not letting guilt and remorse destroying my mood that night.
I only patted the rabbit once, not naming it. I can't afford to grow attached to an animal I cannot rear and keep again. *sighs.
Got ANOTHER RED HEART-SHAPED BALLOON with a heart ring in it from Kaiwen :D
Then, i took individual pictures with everyone, and released the 19 red balloons (YES NINETEEN!) to the air.
Air pollution? Nah, it'll deflate after 7 hours anyway. Land pollution maybe.
Took polaroids with Amee, as she had promised, (She sure went through great efforts to get polaroid films as she couldn't get hers in time) and a handmade birthday card with LEAVES.
I asked for grass though, haha. :D

Then to 70's retro bar near Bricks and Barrel for a second round.
Had a '70's shooter', Bailey's really.
The duet that night sang me third birthday song.
Jeffrey presented a (lovely) fourth birthday rap song when he drew a Joker card from the game.
Then Jia an a fifth birthday song. haha That's alot of songs for the night.
Had a Margarita on the house too. ;)
Headed back home around 12.30 am or so; I'm a good sport. ;)

Thanks to the people who made pre-birthday presents, those who chipped in for the presents and those who gave me more presents.
Thanks to my neighbour, TeeSiang, who was my driver for the night.
Thanks to those who came all the way back from Kampar, Penang.
Thanks to those KL people who tried but cannot make it home for my 19th.
Thanks to the rowdy Michaelians.
Special credits to Amandapan, party planner; and JiaLoon Ow, COD: Cameraman on Duty.
Also to the numerous texts, calls, whatsapps, and fb wishes.
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
To every single soul mentally and physically present there on the eve.
(missed the ones who were not there that night :D )
To celebrate my eve and birthday with the loved ones.
Another day, another year; blessed.
Couldn't ask for more.
Next year, it's sapphire blue HAHAHAHA. too much i know.

period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Some memories last forever."; The Way We Were (1973).

Tea and me.

shop. dinner at Daorae again ♥