Looking for Alaska

05/06/2012

Came across this passage from the book, Looking for Alaska by John Green.
This is one of the rare moments I stumble upon a book and immediately felt hooked.
There was something about it, something that sparked interest.
Could it possibly be just the story plot that caught my attention, or was it because of the feeling where you could sort of relate to the story?
I dunno. But that's really what makes everything a best-seller,
"eye-catchingly interesting", or it is "just-so-me".

Feeling gloomy today, and knowing very well that this book might make me even more shrouded with negative vibes, I still Googled it. Yeah, it's like one of my fav things to do.
It was not just interesting, it really is a good book.
Be it to those Literature lessons or whatsoever, the story being conveyed through John Green,
There was so much more to it than just the surface of the story.
So much more depth to the words. I fell in love with it.

"Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia."
"Huh?" I asked.
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."
  • Alaska Young and Miles "Pudge" Halter, p. 54



period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Some memories last forever."; The Way We Were (1973).

Tea and me.

shop. dinner at Daorae again ♥